Narcissist by definition:
In a nutshell: is selfishness at the (usually extreme) expense of others, plus the inability to consider others’ feelings (no empathy for others).
Signs of a Narcissist:
- an inflated sense of importance
- a deep need for excessive attention and admiration
- lack of empathy for others
- often having troubled relationships
My personal experiences within life dealing with Narcissistic people:
- Made to feel like no matter what I did I was in the wrong
- Being punished for not praising the narc’s behavior (no matter how SMALL it was)
- Everything was a “competition”/threat to their own inflated ego (from what I wore to buying things for myself to something as simply as having an opinion on anything)
- Everything had to be about them, E V E R Y T H I N G (Celebrations, graduations, Birthdays, holidays, Mondays, Tuesdays… you get the point.)
Ways to deal with narcissistic:
- Create boundaries
- Expect push back (especially after creating boundaries)
- Remind yourself that no matter how much the narc may try to blame you or guilt you that it isn’t your fault.
You are not responsible for their behavior.
Who has interacted with a narcissist before?
Feel free to comment down below and share your story.